Time and Tears

Life is absurd. Happiness is arbitrary. Pain is inevitable. Oh, the melodrama! Dear heart, bleed for me.

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Personality For Sale?

There appears to be an awful lot of lack of personality in this world. Wouldn't it be lovely if all these droning masses could pick up a personality along with their groceries every now and then? I know I wouldn't find it so painful to associate with them on a day to day basis if that were the case.

Sadly, there is no personality for sale. I am thus surrounded by a trail of followers, copycats and wannabes. These people fall under two not very distinct categories. One category consists of people who are more boring than a piece of cardboard. No matter what you do to them or how hard you try there is simply no way of making them more interesting. These people are unaware of their lack of personality. In fact for the most part they're unaware of their own existence.

On the other hand, however, there are those who realize that they bore people on a general level. Thus, they knowingly model themselves after an individual they find interesting and who appears to in fact be an "individual". In this way they turn into wannabes. Sadly enough, these posers stick out like a sore thumb in their sad attempt at leeching on to someone's personality. I find these people particularly more annoying than the former group.

What was the point of all this?
Blowing off some steam.

Lesson?
If you have a personality, good for you! If you don't, get a life and stop talking about school!

4 Comments:

  • At 2/16/2005 11:48 PM, Blogger dannyboytward said…

    do you know why people are like that? because at some point over the past few million years, a set of circumstances arose where people who copied other people or who were unaware of their own existence happened to have more children than other people around them.

    its nice to know that whenever things suck you can attribute them to random chance

     
  • At 2/17/2005 12:15 PM, Blogger Calden said…

    Upon reading this post, I immediately began to question the presence of my own personality. Now, no one likes to think they have a personality equivalent to cardboard, but I do have to admit that I talk about school. It is hard not to when the majority of my life at university centres around Engineering Science. Most of the time that I am speaking about school, I like to think that I am being remarkably witty and debonair (I don't think debonair means what I am trying to say in this sentence, but it is an interesting adjective that doesn't get used very often, so I will say it anyway), but I am probably not nearly as interesting as I think I am. I guess it is like when I talk about Dragon Boat a lot... apparently some people tune me out. This is also probably because I ramble, which I attribute to the fact that I am rather fond of my own voice. Speaking of rambling, I seem to have lost the point of this comment somewhere along the way...

     
  • At 11/06/2005 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Learn how to quickly create an RSS feeds with our RSS feeder, for high link popularity and ultimately better search engine rankings.

     
  • At 6/02/2013 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    http://eekshop.com
    UnoTelly will be the also ach and every affordable and doesn cap ly users for those times when they have used variety amounts having to do with bandwidth. These are few having to do with going to be the main reasons one of the reasons this service often and thus popular.?There are a couple main differences back and forth first aid kits in addition to an all in one survival kit. First ially,a multi functional at the outset aid kit is that simply which they can use to explore assess an all in one current situation and also can get a resource box taken care having to do with For example,as a result are on the town everywhere in the an all in one camping go back and forth providing some one you -- more then one regarding as well as your a young child falls down or scrapes their lower - leg Unfortunately,together with your child is probably all over the an all in one in line with the bit to do with pain,but take heart thankfully thus you captivated along including your at the outset aid kit. This little kit not only can they allow therefore for more information about assess in addition to take care to do with going to be the situation so that you have an antibacterial spray at least wash, along allowing an individual an all in one band-aid or about whether or not it's bad a heap of a multi functional bandage, gauze ' tape.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home