Time and Tears

Life is absurd. Happiness is arbitrary. Pain is inevitable. Oh, the melodrama! Dear heart, bleed for me.

Monday, February 07, 2005

..Sleepy.Haze..

I woke up this morning to the apparent shrieking of at least two of my three alarm clocks. This memory is at the verge of fading but I recollect looking at one of my clocks and seeing 8:20 and then turning and looking at my watch and seeing 9:30. A surge of confusion washed over me as I struggled to decipher the meaning of such numbers. It seemed to me as if I had just entered a strange land, fell down the rabbit hole, completely incoherent and muddled. I was not sure where I was at all, nor was I sure what time of day it was. In fact, I am quite sure that in my frightened confusion I did not even bother to remember that such a thing as a “day” existed. I remained in this sleepy haze for a few minute, looking around me in bewilderment. I then decided that there was no use in attempting to make sense of this absurdity and thus I willingly returned to the land from which I had seemingly risen. It was in this way that I returned to sleep and managed to miss two of my three morning classes.

1 Comments:

  • At 2/07/2005 8:05 PM, Blogger Calden said…

    I managed to miss three of my four morning classes today, since, after the first one, I went to my tutorial and turned in my assignment. However, my TA is rather useless, so I decided my time would be better spent at home in bed. So I returned home and fell asleep. I then woke up, decided ece wasn't that important, and went back to sleep. I then woke up at 12:00 and completely forgot I also had my elective, so I went back to sleep for another half hour. Thusly, I went to an hour of class today, and I slept through most of that hour. I need to start sleeping more... thankfully Reading Week is coming up.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home